The Raglan Rest Home and Hospital started its life, sitting majestically at the top of Manukau Road, with extensive Sea views right out to the bar, on 10th October 1952.
The plans were drawn up on 1st September 1950 for the Waikato District Hospital Board as a satellite Maternity Hospital, with an official opening by Hilda Ross in October 1952.
In May 1972 the facility was converted to an Aged Persons Home and Hospital for the Waikato DHB.
Since that time, it has undergone several changes from being privately owned, moving under the ownership and guidance of the Raglan Community Trust and then back into private ownership with John and Shiny Song until the present day when it was purchased by Maree Burley on the 3rd April 2018.
The building itself has been updated and added too a number of times and the plans from throughout its life are all still located at the Facility.
These additions and careful tending to the Building has resulted in a facility that retains strong bones and foundations with the benefit of modern day insulation and adaptations.
Today we have a facility that has beautiful light throughout, magical views and a variety of room sizes, shapes and configurations. We are continually working to upgrade and maintain the décor and equipment within the facility.